Wednesday, September 21, 2011

EXTREME COUPONING

As I am sure you all know and are aware of the extreme couponing show, and although they are way extreme I have been anticipating my first trip that would compete with the high percentage of discounts they have gotten up to date.  Today was my first haul I was in tow with coupons and list, I was well aware of how much my bill was going to be and in anticipation I was literally shaking with delight as I checked out.  Although I knew my bill would be small, watching her add it up seemed cruel and unusual punishment because I began to worry what if I figured wrong, or what if the coupons don't take (they were legit online coupons but sometimes they get fussy about them if they are printed out).  I saw my bill $84.82, my heart sunk that seemed way too high even for the retail price of my stuff but I quickly moved onto handing her my coupons and hoping for the best because I knew I didn't have that much money with me.  It didn't take long to see the long time awaited benefits I was about to reap when she finally told me my total I was giddy, almost giggly inside.  I had accomplished something that seemed almost impossible, I knew it could be done I had watched every episode of the show but how could I be so organized that one day I would save my family enough money to feel above a 75% threshold.  I did it and here is my proof, it's a good day and I'm going to bathe in this success a little longer so to all of you couponers or non-couponers who are leery.  I am a stay-at-home mom and do have the time necessary to search and research, but I challenge you.  One half of an hour a day, look for the sights on facebook, blogs, check out coupons.com, smartsource.  You will not be disappointed, even 15 minutes a day will reap you some benefit.  The extra money in your pocket is worth it!  Here is my delightful photo to bask in the glory of today......................

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a couponer too, but I have not been able to find a good source to compare Walmart prices against other stores, because Walmart does not have a weekly flyer. I really do not want to have to go to the store and write the prices down. Any suggestions?