Tuesday, January 29, 2013

MBT Dt project An early St. Paddy's day top hat surprise!


I created this top hat for my sister for her birthday.  It's March 17th but I was inspired to do so and when I get inspired I try to let the creativeness flow even if it's out of season.  I thought I would just start this tonight but only after 2hrs did I realize I was finishing this baby and I was super excited to get it finished because it was just so much fun.

The top hat construction tutorial came from Msliberty25 on youtube I will have this uploaded to my channel by tomorrow and Miranda's link will be there just in case you want to know how I made this.  She is a designer for Swirlydoos and she had the easiest construction of any to follow.

I used a ton of new Mbtreasurista.com products in this and they were:

 Ruffled eyelet trim glimmer sprayed with Lindys
Ruffled satin green apple trim
Azul spray copic colored in green olive
Petaloo flower center
NEW mini rosette flowers
NEW mulberry leaves
NEW cherry blossom flowers
NEW dove birds I used one on the flower
Green mesh bling
Green satin ribbon trim
NEW hair barrette piece underneath sorry forgot to take pic of that

I had a ton of fun creating this and I hope to do more in the future.  I'm branching out! 



No comments: