|Click on the picture to enlarge it and read it better.|
HERE IS THE LIST:
1. EXPRESS GRATITUDE: When you appreciate what you have, what you have appreciates in value. If we aren't thankful for what we already have, we will have a hard time every being happy.
2. CULTIVATE OPTIMISM: People who think optimistically see the world packed full of endless opportunities, especially in trying times.
3. AVOID OVERTHINKING AND SOCIAL COMPARISON: Comparing yourself to someone else can be poisonous, the only person you should compare to is yourself before now.
4. PRACTICE ACTS OF KINDNESS: Selflessly helping someone else is a super great way to make yourself feel good inside.
5. NURTURE SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS: The happiest people on the planet are ones who have deep, meaningful relationships.
6. DEVELOP STRATEGIES FOR COPING: It helps to have healthy strategies for coping pre-rehearsed, on call and in your arsenal ready for coping at a minutes notice.
7. LEARN TO FORGIVE: Harboring feelings of unforgiveness is horrible for your well-being.
8. INCREASE FLOW EXPERIENCES: Flow is a state in which it feels like time stands still. It's when you are focused on what you are doing, you become one with the task. Nothing is distracting you or competing with your focus. (My personal fav)
9. SAVOR LIFE'S JOYS: Deep happiness cannot exist without slowing down to enjoy the joy.
10. COMMIT TO YOUR GOALS: Magical things start happening when we commit ourselves to doing whatever it takes to get somewhere.
11. PRACTICE SPIRITUALITY: When we practice spirituality or religion, we recognize that life is about something much bigger than us. We surrender the silly idea that we are the mightiest thing ever.
12. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY: Taking care of your body is crucial to being the happiest person you can be.