Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lindys' Stamp Gang July color challenge & Dt call

Hi to my crafty friends!!   I have been MIA on youtube & hiding here at home in my crafting room with a sketch in hand. Here is the process in which I created my canvas for the July Challenge. 

I didnt' use all of these but this is what I picked to use.

I picked 2 of the 5 of these items to use.




Here I used versamark stamp ink to stamp and then add embossing powder to the fabulous filagrees and heat set them to make them this beautiful color to add to the corners of the 2nd and 3rd panels but now you can hardly see them in the photo.  The filagrees are also Lindys' Stamp gang.



The canvas once it was completely painted and sprayed; you really dont' see most of the pretty parts because they were covered. 


I created a fashion show style canvas with a ton of Lindy's amazing products I will list each below for you and the other elements and items I used for this project.  I painted and sprayed the canvas with all the sprays below.  I then layered the red cardstock as you can see using a Christi Tomlinson vintage lace mask with scarlett peony red and a little spritz of banshee black.  I then took another layer and used Christi Tomlinson doodle mask, modeling paste and magical micas and created texture on the panels on either side of the middle panel, then I sprayed over the whole thing in the screaming banshee black.  The middle panel and runway were a lighter blue cardstock but then I sprayed over both with twinkling tinsel and don't eat golden snow.  The lindys sign was also sprayed with peony scarlett red and hydrangea blue and then I adhered mesh bling around it to make it look like a lighted marquis and the runway as well.  I used brilliance graphite black to stamp the Prima doll stamps out and Websters pages papers to paper piece each one of the girls and then I sprayed each one with a complimenting glimmer mist starburst spray. 

Without further adieu here is my canvas...

Products used were:
1.  Starburst sprays in:  Twinkling tinsel, Peony scarlett red, Screaming banshee black, Don't eat golden snow,    Whale watch blue, and Hydrangea blue  
2.  Fabulous Filagrees - ornamental swirl mat board images
3.  Embossing powder in Midnight gold
4.  Magical micas in Bachelor button blue 

Thanks for looking I hope you like it.  I had fun creating it and now I'm off to get some zzzz's.  Best wishes to all the dt tryouts can't wait to see who they pick!  Wish me luck!  ~Kelly

No comments: