Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rain, rain go away

I know the old saying rain, rain go away come again another day is a silly little rhyme probably meant for kids.  However with the recent flooding and abundance of rainfall in our area I cant' help but enjoy the rain even in the midst of pending flood warnings and watches in our area.  There is something about the rain that makes me feel it's God's way of cleansing us here on earth of our sinful natures and selfish desires that pollute the everyday streets of our society.  I cant' help but wonder if the recent fluctuation perhaps in our area is some indication of our increasing desires to feed our own needs rather than the needs of others, and to make known our works to the world instead of God's goodness first and foremost.  I wonder if he is cleansing the world along with our hearts?  I try to think that deep down I am a good person, and I want that close personal relationship with God but I know I am human, and I do sin and so for that today instead I think I'll say rain, rain why dont' you stay and cleanse all of my sin away!

 

No comments: